Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. These Shredded Chicken Enchiladas are healthy and the best enchilada recipe! The Difference Between Red and Green Sauce. Green enchilada sauce is generally a mixture of Most green enchilada sauces use green chilis, which includes jalapenos and serrano, tipping off To make them a bit healthier, you can opt for a bean or vegetable enchilada over a chicken or beef one.
Filled with shredded cheese, chicken and salsa, these will become. These Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas include Corn tortillas stuffed with chicken, cheese, green Making this chicken enchilada recipe is simple! Just follow these simple steps to make this easy, cheesy dinner recipe! You can have Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green
- You need 2 of large chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 C of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1/2 pint of sour cream.
- You need 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Tortillas.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbs of parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of FOR RED SAUCE – 15 oz tomato sauce & can of red enchilada sauce.
- You need of FOR GREEN SAUCE -large can green enchilada sauce 28-32oz.
Chicken: Use canned chicken or a rotisserie chicken and shred with fork. Our favorite red chili chicken enchiladas! All you need to make the enchiladas are corn tortillas, already cooked and shredded or chopped chicken meat, some grated melty cheese like cheddar or Monterey Jack, and red chili enchilada sauce. Shredded Chicken is easy to make and very economical.
Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green step by step
- Cook chicken in crockpot seasoned with salt and covered with water. Can cook overnight on low or on high about 3 hours.
- Cook rice.
- Once chicken is done take out and wipe off fat and skin with a paper towel. Shred with a fork or in a blender. Don't shred too fine..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet. Add in onion, garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook 1-2 mins.
- Add in chicken, rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper. Stir to combine until cheese melts.
- Stir in tomato sauce if making red, or 2 cups of green sauce if making green and the salt stirring to combine..
- Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 20 mins.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes if desired.
It is also much healthier then prepared chicken that has already been shredded or diced. We just call them green enchiladas. I will put a link below to you can find that recipe. Please like this video and share it with your friends and family. Whether you like a spicy red sauce, a mild green sauce, or anything in between, we've got the best chicken Chicken- and cheese-filled corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles.