Instant pot Mongolian Beef.
You can have Instant pot Mongolian Beef using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Mongolian Beef
- Prepare 1-1.5 pounds of flank steak (sliced across the grains).
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar (or 2/3 cups for those with a sweet tooth).
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger (minced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of lite soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Cornstarch Slurry.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onions (chopped).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- You need of Hot chilli oil paste.
Instant pot Mongolian Beef step by step
- Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté, click on the Adjust button, select More to get the Sauté More function, which means that the food will be sautéed over medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT..
- Add sliced beef to a large ziplock bag, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and shake well to coat the beef evenly..
- Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, once the oil is hot, add the beef and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. If needed brown the beef in batches, you don't want to add too much as it will start releasing juice and it won't brown well. Note: You can also skip browning the beef and just add it to the pot!.
- If bits of beef stuck to the pot, add 1/2 cup water and deglaze the pot. Using a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot. You can discard that liquid if wanted..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: minced garlic, minced ginger, lite soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. You can add less sugar, based on your taste and preference. Note: You can also skip browning the beef and just add it to the pot!.
- Stir well until all the ingredients are combined and coated in sauce..
- Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure after the 10 mins No time has passed.. Open the lid..
- Make the cornstarch slurry, in a small bowl mix cornstarch with water until fully combined. With the Instant Pot on the Sauté function, add the slurry to the pot, stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes on Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Turn off the Instant Pot and let the Mongolian Beef sit for 8-10 minutes before serving, in this time the sauce will settle and thicken more..
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds..