Japchae (Stir-fried Korean glass noodles).
You can have Japchae (Stir-fried Korean glass noodles) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japchae (Stir-fried Korean glass noodles)
- It’s 300 g of sweet potato noodles.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce mixture.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need of Vegetable.
- You need 1 of carrots, julienned.
- Prepare 1 of red or green bell pepper, cut into thin strips.
- It’s 1 of white onion, cut into thin strips.
- You need 1 bundle of baby spinach, blanched and seasoned with sesame oil.
- Prepare 4-5 of shiitake mushrooms (if using dried, soak for 30 minutes in water, drain, marinate in sauce sauce and sugar).
- Prepare of Protein (if desired).
- You need of Beef strips (preferably sirloin) marinated in bulgogi sauce.
- Prepare of Toppings and garnish.
- Prepare of Spring onions, finely choped.
- Prepare 1/2 cups of Toasted sesame seeds, about.
Japchae (Stir-fried Korean glass noodles) step by step
- For a springy and chewy noodle, soaked potato noodles in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain and cut into shorter pieces..
- Combine the sweet soy sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside..
- Quickly stir-fry each of the vegetables over high fire, one at a time. Do not cook throughly. We would like to retain the crunch of the carrots and the bell pepper..
- For the onion, sweat it for 20 seconds without browning..
- For the shiitake mushroom, saute for 2 minutes with the marinate..
- If using beef, sauce over high hear for 2-3 minutes with the marinate. Its ideal at medium-rare..
- To put together, heat 1 tbsp oil in pan over low heat and add the noodles. Stir-fry for 20 seconds then add the sweet soy sauce mixture. Stir until well combined..
- Add the vegetables and protein. Stir until evenly combined and the sauce have been fully absorbed. Turn off heat..
- Garnish generously with sesame seeds. Stir until well combined. Garnish with spring onion and a little sesame oil..
- TIP: I usually prepare an extra sweet soy sauce mixture just in case the noodles is still too chewy and need a little more liquid while cooking..