Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce. Pork loin steak cooks quickly and is complemented by the rich sauce and contrasting sharpness of the apples. Add the remaining butter to the pan with the mustard, sherry, cream and seasoning. Stir until smooth, adding a little water if the sauce is a little too thick.
The pork is rubbed with brown sugar and steak seasoning blend, wrapped in bacon strips, and then glazed with a tangy marmalade and mustard sauce. The pork turns out very moist and the sauce is very flavorful. Serve with your favorite vegetable side dish or salad for a complete meal. You can cook Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce
- It’s 2 of pork loin steaks (about 200g each).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 of small shallots, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tbs of or so coarse mustard.
- Prepare 3-4 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s of To taste, salt and pepper.
For a delicious twist on your pork loin dish, add this apple-infused mash and mustard sauce with a kick. Return to the pan, add the milk and butter and mash until smooth. Don't see pork shoulder steaks at the store? They're there, we swear, they just might not be cut yet.
Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce step by step
- Pat pork steaks dry, pound them thin, season with salt and pepper, and let sit for 10 minutes..
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Cook steaks until they have a nice sear and are done but still juicy, about 4 minutes or so on one side, then flip and cook for 2 1/2 or so on the other..
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Wipe off excess grease, turn heat down to medium-low, then add 1/2 the butter, shallots, and thyme to the pan..
- When the shallots are soft and brown, add the stock, mustard, and rest of the butter..
- Lower heat and simmer until sauce reduces. Be sure to taste and adjust: add sugar and/or water if too salty or too sour. Can also add more butter or some cream if you want it thicker..
- When the sauce is done, remove the cooked thyme sprigs, pour sauce into a separate bowl or over the pork, and serve..
Politely ask the butcher to take an even, compact hunk of Boston butt and slice it Preparation. Slice the pork and serve with the roasted garlic and the mustard sauce. Learn how to make Pork Tenderloin With Mustard Sauce. Grilled Pork Loin Steaks with Cherry-Plum Sauce. Back to Pork Tenderloin With Mustard Sauce.