Japchae. Japchae or chapchae (잡채) is a very popular Korean dish. It is the number one sought after dish Preparing for Japchae is a lot like making bibimbap. It typically requires meat and vegetables (unless.
The japchae ingredients are separately cooked and combined at the end into a deliciously colorful Leftover japchae should be kept refrigerated. Flavorful and exquisite Japchae is made of sweet potato noodles, julienne vegetables, and sliced beef tossed in Have you tried Japchae (Korean sweet potato noodles stir fried with vegetables and meat)? Japchae, a traditional Korean dish, made with sweet potato noodles, beef, and vegetables stir-fried in a sesame oil-based sauce is a delicious and colorful meal. You can have Japchae using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japchae
- You need 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle, Dangmyun.
- You need of Meat/protein.
- It’s of Sirloin, chuck, short ribs, or tri-tip beef.
- You need of Shrimp.
- You need of Pork patty.
- Prepare 2-3 of eggs.
- You need of Veggies.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 1 clove of chopped garlic.
- You need 5 of shiitake mushroom (optional).
- It’s 1 bag of spinach (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- It’s of sesame seed.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Rice wine (optional).
- You need of Soy sauce.
- You need of Oyster sauce.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
Japchae, this easy Korean noodle stir-fry recipe, is quick and easy to make, it's full of veggies (red peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, spinach). Japchae – Korean noodle dish with sweet potato noodles and vegetables. Ingredients You Need to Prepare Japchae. Traditional Japchae requires thin-sliced pieces of beef.
Japchae step by step
- To prepare the noodle: 1)Boil 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle in a big pot for about 15 min or until it gets soft. 2)Drain the noodles and put in a big bowl..
- To prepare the meat: 1)Peel the shrimp and slice the beef and pork patty into long thin strips and put it in a bowl. 2)In the same bowl, add 1 clove of chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, and 1/2 tablespoon of rice wine. 3)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and stir fry the mixture..
- To prepare the eggs: 1)Lightly beat 2-3 eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. 2)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into a pan. 3)Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook. 4)Cut the egg into thin strips and set aside in a plate..
- To prepare the vegetables: 1)Boil 1 bag of spinach with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pot for 10s. Then Remove spinach from pot, rinse with cold water and squeeze to drain out the excess water. Put aside on a plate. 2)cut 1/2 onion into thin slices, cut 1 red and yellow bell pepper into thin slices, and cut the 5 shiitake mushroom into thin slices. 3)Shred one large carrot.
- 4)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to a pan and stir fry the sliced onion with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate with the eggs. 5)Using the same pan, add 1 teaspoons of oil, stir fry the shredded carrots with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate. 6)Add 1 teaspoon of oil into a pan, stir fry the thin slices of bell pepper with a pinch of salt and put to aside on the same plate. 7)Stir fry shiitake mushroom without salt and oil. Put to aside on the same plate..
- To prepare the sauce: 1)Mix 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of sugar or honey, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of sesame seed, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper in a cup..
- 1)Add 2 tablespoon of sesame oil into the big bowl of noodle. 2)Add 2/3 of the sauce into the noodles and mix. 3)Pour the noodle on the plate with the cooked vegetables and egg. 4)Add the cooked meat. 5)Add the rest of the sauce and mix. 6)Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and mix..
At most Korean supermarkets, you can find this style of beef pre-cut in the butcher section. Japchae is a flexible dish, perfect for any time of year: You can serve it warm or chilled, and eat it as a side dish or a main. Don't forget to comment and rate down below after you've made this recipe to let. Japchae is a classic Korean Glass Noodle dish that is served as a side dish or appetizer. Japchae is a very popular Korean glass noodle side dish that's made with vegetables and also sometimes meat.