Steak Tartare – Spicy.
You can have Steak Tartare – Spicy using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak Tartare – Spicy
- You need 100 gr of Filet – the best you can get – I use Kobe 5 or Black Angus.
- You need of Baguette or other Toast.
- It’s of All these are ideas – use more or less of each to your Taste.
- It’s 20 Gr of Mustard – Dijon for Classic – I like to use Colmans English for hotter – you can also add a little of the powder if you prefer dryer mixture.
- You need 4 gr of Shallots – Minced.
- It’s 4 gr of Capers – Minced.
- Prepare 4 gr of Chives – Minced.
- It’s 1 of small Cornichon – Minced.
- It’s 1 Tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Any Spicy Sauce to Taste – I use tabasco habanero or powdered Chilli.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Lemon or Lime Juice.
- You need 2 of perfect Egg Yolks.
- You need Splash of Cognac.
Steak Tartare – Spicy instructions
- Place beef in the freezer to firm slightly. The meat will chill from the outside in. You want the surface to be frozen and the inside to be chilled (DO not freeze). This should take about 30 minutes..
- Put everything else (Apart from Yolks) in a Bowl and mix – keep tasting and add salt and pepper until perfect..
- Put into a little dish and upturn on a plate and place the Yolk on top – serve with the bread or toast of your choice..