Whole wheat honey zuccini bread (with huckleberries or bananas). How do you like your banana bread? For some extra protein, I like to top it with pecan butter or peanut butter. If I'm feeling indulgent, I'll add honey, butter, Nutella or maple.
My whole wheat banana bread completely blew my mind. To be honest, I didn't have high expectations. A healthy whole wheat orange zucchini bread recipe sweetened only with honey and juice, that makes a terrific real food snack, breakfast bread, or Want to up your zucchini bread game? You can have Whole wheat honey zuccini bread (with huckleberries or bananas) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole wheat honey zuccini bread (with huckleberries or bananas)
- You need 1 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 4 tsp. of Vanilla.
- It’s 3/4 cups of honey.
- It’s 4 c. of Grated zuccini (2 cups drained if frozen).
- Prepare 2 of bananas OR 2 cups berries.
- You need 4 cups of whole white wheat flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare of (Optional) 1 cup chocolate chips.
- You need of (Optional) 1 to 2 tsp. Cinnamon.
- It’s of (Optional) 1 cup of nuts.
Add orange juice and zest for a wonderful citrusy flavor! This orange zucchini bread recipe is also made. My friend Chris is a great chef! He cooks for pleasure all the time.
Whole wheat honey zuccini bread (with huckleberries or bananas) instructions
- Soften butter. I put it on defrost in the microwave for 20 seconds..
- Mash wet ingredients together. If I am using berries I mix those in last. If I use bananas I use a bit less honey..
- Mix dry ingredients. I am lazy so I just pile them on the wet ingredients, stir them together on top then mix it all together. Add nuts, berries, and/or chocolate chips now. At this point I taste the batter to see if it is sweet and salty enough..
- Grease two bread pans with butter and cut a square of parchemer paper for the bottom.
- Cook at 350 for 1 hour. Check at 50 minutes. Cook until knife comes out clean..
He often blesses crowds with a dish fit for a king and to feed many mouths. But it was this zucchini bread recipe from Chef Ashley Christensen that really turned my view on the The recipe I have created below is really a hybrid of Ashley Christensen's perfect zucchini bread, which is delicious and easy, and my favorite childhood banana bread. When this Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread finally cooled enough to slice, I couldn't resist carving myself a second piece… It's full of sweet fruit flavor and lots of cozy Just regular ol' whole wheat flour! I wanted whole grain flour and honey, and possibly a crunchy top that you could However, because my zucchini bread is made with whole grain flour, I skip the squeezing step. I replaced all purpose flour with white whole wheat flour (see kitchen notes below) and threw in some quick oats for texture.