Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon.
You can have Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon
- It’s 3 of Italian sausages, casings removed.
- You need 350 g of button mushrooms, sliced 1/2 cm thick.
- It’s 3 cups of dry rotini noodles.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of fennel bulb, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1 handful of fennel fronds.
Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Crumble the sausages into a large pan on medium-high heat. You shouldn't need oil as the sausages will release fat as they cook. Let them fry slowly until they're about half-cooked (about 3 or 4 minutes)..
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue cooking until the mushrooms release their water, about another 3 to 4 minutes. Your pot of water should be boiling by this point, so drop the noodles in..
- Add the garlic and fennel bulb to the pan. Continue frying, stirring occasionally, until the meat and mushrooms are caramelized and the fennel slightly softened, about 5 minutes. If your rotini isn't cooked yet, turn the pan down to low while you wait..
- Once the noodles are cooked, transfer them to the pan with a slotted spoon (so that you get just a bit of pasta water with each spoonful). Add the butter and squeeze in the lemon juice, then toss to combine. Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Use kitchen shears to snip the fennel fronds into the pasta, then serve with a generous snow of freshly grated parmesan cheese..