Jhatpat Bread Upma.
You can cook Jhatpat Bread Upma using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jhatpat Bread Upma
- Prepare 1 packet of bread slices.
- You need 3 of onions.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s Pinch of hing/asafoetida.
- You need 5 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
Jhatpat Bread Upma instructions
- Take the slice bread and shred into small pieces..
- You can do this shredding with your hands..
- Take the onions, tomatoes and finely chop. Slice the chillies fine..
- Take a wok or kadai. Add oil to it and heat it. When the oil heats add the mustard seeds..
- Let the mustard seeds splutter. To this add curry leaves, green chillies and saute for a minute..
- Then add the turmeric powder again mix nicely and see the yellow color getting mixed with the curry leaves and chillies..
- Then add the cut onions and mix again nice till a bit translucent. Add the tomatoes then and mix nice..
- Cover this with a steel cover and to it add a little water..
- When you see the water evapourating from the cover. Remove the cover and then drop the little water from the cover to the onion, tomato mix in the wok and you will see it cooking..
- Then add the shredded bread pieces to the onion tomato mix. And mix all this with a large spoon nice..
- When mixed nicely cover again with the steel cover with very little water..
- In 2,3 minutes water starts evapourating from the cover. Open the cover again mix nice..
- And serve..