Vinegar, Bread, and Cucumbers. Slim Pickin's Kitchen is reader supporter, and this post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when Growing up, my older brother used to make cucumbers and vinegar on a weekly basis for his anytime snack. I never understood his obsession with them.
Green Cold Soup or "Drinkable Salad"On dine chez Nanou. Peel and slice cucumbers and onion and add to vinegar/water/sugar mix. If all the cucumbers and onions are eaten reserve the vinegar/water/sugar mix and add fresh cucumbers and onion. You can cook Vinegar, Bread, and Cucumbers using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vinegar, Bread, and Cucumbers
- It’s 1 of large cucumber.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of deli dressing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s 4 slices of thick marble rye bread.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
My servings are an estimate, as I can eat the whole bowl. Pickled cucumbers, or easy called pickles, can be preserved in two ways: vinegar or brine. The vinegar version is more popular in United States, but in Eastern Europe, fermented These summer pickles make a terrific snack in the hot weather, especially served with some good crusty rye bread. Cucumber slices, onions, peppers and garlic are pickled in an exciting spicy cider vinegar mixture!
Vinegar, Bread, and Cucumbers instructions
- Peel and slice the cucumber in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Slice into crescents. Salt the cucumber pieces. Get the deli dressing and vinegar..
- Add the sliced cucumbers to an airtight container. Add the deli dressing, vinegar, and water. Add lid and press center till the air has escaped. Put into refrigerator till chilled..
- Serve with bread. Eat by dipping bread into liquids and cucumbers on the side. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
What a great way to end the summer! These are the best bread and butter pickles I have ever had!! And I have been looking for a long time. These Easy Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers are a light, refreshing, summertime side dish. Add regular or cherry tomatoes to make it a delicious cucumber salad!