Stuffed Green Peppers.
You can cook Stuffed Green Peppers using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Green Peppers
- You need 1 lb of ground mild Italian sausage.
- You need of I/2 cup uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 4 of green peppers.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 jar of pizza sauce (10 oz).
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 4 slices of provolone cheese.
Stuffed Green Peppers step by step
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker. 1/2 cup water aprox 20 mins rinse rice well before cooking..
- While rice is cooking brown pork in an oven safe saucepan add onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Once mostly browned add tomato sauce and simmer until rice is cooked..
- Once rice is cooked turn off burner to the meat mixture and add rice..
- Strain the meat/rice mixture reserving the drippings in the pan.
- Cut the tops off the peppers off, remove all seeds and membranes then stand the 4 peppers up in the pan and fill with meat and rice mixture packing firmly. If there is any leftover sauce or mixture add it to the bottom of the pan..
- Pour pizza sauce over peppers covering them. Add broth to the base of the pan stirring to incorporate.
- Cook at 350 for an hour if you still want some crunch to the pepper and an hour and a half if you want your pepper soft basting regularly top with a slice of cheese at serving..