Bajra dhapate/ Pearl millets flat bread. Gluten free yummy kutchi comfort bread. Stuffed Bajra Paratha aka Stuffed Pearl Millet Flatbread is a winter special, gluten free flatbread made using Bajra Flour and stuffed with potato. It is time for Bread Bakers monthly post.
Pearl millet is the king of grains. It is the most widely grown millet and is known for its health Voila the pearl millet flat bread is ready to eat! I must say it was an extremely successful experiment. You can cook Bajra dhapate/ Pearl millets flat bread using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bajra dhapate/ Pearl millets flat bread
- You need 2 cups of bajra flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of besan/chickpea flour.
- It’s 1/2 of udad flour (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of methi leaves.
- It’s 1 cup of grated onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dahi/plain yogurt.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of jeera/ cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of carrom/ ajwain seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of big cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Red chilli powder as per taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- You need of salt to taste.
- Prepare of oil to pan fry.
We had them for breakfast but they form a great. Bajra, or Pearl Millet, is a hearty gluten free grain that is easily digestible and contains many beneficial nutrients. Slowly add a little Water at a time to form a stiff dough. Bajra Na Rotla also known as Bajra Roti is a plain and simple flat bread made from pearl millet flour.
Bajra dhapate/ Pearl millets flat bread step by step
- Grind Ajwain, coriander and cumin seeds to a fine powder..
- Mix bajra flour, besan, rice flour and udad flour..
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, sesame seeds, salt and the ground spice mixture(coriander seeds, cumin seeds and ajwain).
- Make garlic and green chilli paste. Add it to the flour mixture..
- Also add chopped methi leaves, grated onion and dahi to this mixture..
- Knead this into a stiff dough with little water. Flatten it with hand or rolling pin..
- Roast on the pan with oil. Serve with Raita, pickle and butter..
Bajra Na Rotla and Ringna No Olo is an all time winter favorite food, especially In many regions of Gujarat, hot rotla's are also eaten with fresh butter and jaggery and often given to children as a snack. millet-based roti's and i feel it very pale. but these recipes are my husband's favourite and he likes it to have it with dry chutney powders or spice powders and thick yoghurt. he likes to have bajra roti for morning breakfast as it keeps him full till afternoon lunch and can have something lite. Put pearl millet flour in a bowl. Add the chopped veges and paste salt to taste and some red Chilli powder. Bind all together u mit need some etc water but depends on da Apply butter or oil while cooking on both sides. Bajra (Pearl Millet) Khichdi makes a perfect healthy one pot meal.