Bread Upma ~ Mumbai street style.
You can cook Bread Upma ~ Mumbai street style using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Upma ~ Mumbai street style
- It’s of Main dish.
- You need 8 slices of lightly toasted bread (crispy but not toasted till brown).
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of hing.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of minced green chillies.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 6-8 of curry leaves.
- You need 1 cup of diced onions.
- You need 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pav bhaji masala.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of haldi.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1 pinch of amchoor powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need of For garnish.
- You need 1 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced and fried ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon squeezed.
Bread Upma ~ Mumbai street style instructions
- Dice the toasted bread into bite sized squares and keep it aside (optionally discard the borders and add two slices to maintain the quantity).
- Heat oil in a wok / kadhai on full heat and add hing.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for them to start popping.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cumin seeds and they should sizzle immediately.
- Add minced ginger (from main section) and wait for about 30 seconds for its fragrance to be unleashed.
- Add onions and fry on medium heat until they turn pink.
- Add red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and haldi and mix well.
- After 1 minute add tomatoes and salt and fry until the tomatoes are cooked (ooze out a little oil).
- Add garam masala and amchoor powder and mix for 1 minute.
- Lower heat to minimum and add the diced bread and adjust salt to taste.
- Add chopped cilantro and lenon juice and stir lightly for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat, add sugar, stir and cover.
- After about 1 minute your dish is ready to be served.