French Onion Soup.
You can cook French Onion Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup
- It’s 2 of Lbs. Onions.
- It’s 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare Splash of White Wine.
- You need 4 Tbs. of Butter.
- You need of Few Shakes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need of Squirt of Mustard.
- Prepare 2 Pinches of Oregano.
- You need 2 Pinches of Parsley.
- Prepare 3 Tbs. of Flour.
- You need of French Bread.
- Prepare of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1.5 Liters of Beef Broth.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 1 of Bay Leaf.
French Onion Soup step by step
- Half, peel and dice onions. Place in a large bowl. Peel and dice garlic, reserve in another bowl..
- Heat butter on medium low heat. Add in onions and season. Stir occasionally..
- Slowly cook these onions. When the onions are browning nicely, add in the garlic. Cook until browned. Add a healthy slash of white wine. Cook out the alcohol..
- After onions are looking caramelized, add in the flour. Stir and cook a few more minutes. They should be looking very appealing by now..
- Add in bay leaf, oregano, parsley stock, Worcestershire sauce and a squirt of mustard. Stir, cover, reduce heat to low..
- Make four little mounds of cheese and place them on a pan. Turn the heat on medium and allow them to melt. When they’re brown around the edges, turn off the heat..
- Serve with bread and cheese. A sandwich is never a bad idea..