Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese.
You can cook Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese
- It’s 2 cups of dry elbow noodles(~8oz).
- Prepare 2.5 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 2.5-3.0 Tbsp of AP Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of (ea.) Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Nutmeg. 1/4 Tsp Cayenne.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Milk, plus 1/4 Cup Half & Half.
- You need 6 oz of grated Smoked Gouda.
- Prepare 5 oz of grated Sharp Cheddar.
- Prepare 2 oz of grated Parmigiana.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese instructions
- Cook the pasta in water until al dente. Drain..
- In the same pot used to boil the pasta, melt butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux (cook 2 mins).
- Slowly whisk in the milk mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Add in all the spices. Add in the 3 cheeses (retain some of the parmigiana for sprinkling on top later) and stir until incorporated/melted. Finally, add in the cooked pasta and stir until combined and fully incorporated..
- Pour everything into a greased 9×9 glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with some parmigiana and then bread crumbs..
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 mins until bubbly and top is slightly browned..
- Let rest for 10 mins, then serve and enjoy..