Cheesy Mushroom Toast.
You can cook Cheesy Mushroom Toast using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Mushroom Toast
- Prepare 1 loaf of French bread*.
- You need 2 c. of baby portabella mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 T. of butter (divided).
- You need of CHEESE SPREAD MIXTURE:.
- It’s 1/2 c. of provolone cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 c. of mozzarella cheese, grated.
- You need 1/2 c. of parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 1/2 c. of Swiss cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 c. of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 c. of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 T. of dehydrated onion flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 c. of green onions, sliced.
Cheesy Mushroom Toast step by step
- Or you can use any bread you like. Slice about 3/4" thick, or as desired. I did mine like an opened sub roll; it was our main dish..
- Melt 1 T. butter and lightly brush on both sides of each slice of bread. Toast, both sides, under the broiler until lightly toasted. Keep a close eye so as not to burn. Set aside..
- In a large skillet, melt 2 T. butter. Over medium to medium-high heat cook mushrooms until nicely caramelized, stirring in the minced garlic just during the last minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit while continuing to next step..
- In a mixing bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Then fold in mushrooms. Spread mixture liberally on each slice of toasted bread..
- Place under broiler until bubbly and golden. Serve immediately..
- NOTE: We had leftover prime rib that I diced small and added to the cheese & mushroom mixture. SO good!!.