Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread. Steps Mix all the elements except for butter, raisin and almond slices. Knead them until they shape a tender dough. Bread is one of the most versatile foods ever, and these pull-apart bread recipes prove it.
When our dearest afternoon guest gets involved with cheeky little fruits… then this is reason for us to great joy! Because fruity and fresh Gugelhupf is a treat you should not miss: No matter whether peach, apple, coconut. Christmas is the time to bake to your heart's content. You can cook Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread
- Prepare 200 g of bread flour.
- It’s 35 g of sugar.
- It’s 2 g of salt.
- You need 3 g of instant dry yeast.
- It’s 75 g of milk.
- You need 45 g of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 85 g of raisin.
From Slovak Bolbalki to Julekake, Norwegian Christmas Bread.
Christmas☆Gugelhupf bread instructions
- Mix all the ingredients except for butter, raisin and almond slices. Knead them until they form a soft dough. (Make sure the milk is warm. Do not put yeast and salt next to each other).
- Add butter and knead once more. When it became soft and stretchy, add 1/3 of raisin in half side of the dough and fold. Do the same 3 times..
- Roll it in to a circle and place it back in a bowl. Wrap around the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 30 min in a warm place..
- Let it rest for 10min under a wet towel/kitchen paper. (I’m making 4 mini gugelhupfs so I cut them in 4).
- Grease some butter or oil in a gugelhupfs shape pan and place some almond slices..
- Let the air out from the dough by punching nicely. Roll it back in a circle and make it like a donut shape. Place it a pan..
- Let it rise for 20min..
- Bake in a oven that is preheated to 200C°(392F°) for 25min. Check the bread frequently to make sure it is not burnt..