Best Fall Soup.
You can cook Best Fall Soup using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Fall Soup
- It’s 2 cans of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 of of one large beef smoked sausage (I used Eckrich's brand) cut in 1/2" slices, cut the slices in half.
- It’s 1/2 of large tomato, diced, do not discard seeds/liquid.
- You need 1/4 of small yellow onion, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, peeled and grated.
- It’s 1/2 head of small cabbage, sliced thinly.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s As needed of Salt and pepper IN RESERVE.
Best Fall Soup instructions
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter using medium-high heat.
- When the butter begins to bubble, add the sausage slices and stir to coat the sausage with the butter.
- Sauté the sausage, stirring frequently, until you begin to see it start to brown, then toss in the onions.
- Keep sautéing until the onions soften, then toss in the carrots.
- As the carrots cook, they will give off liquid ~~exactly what you want!~~ stir occasionally for three minutes, then toss in the tomatoes, stir the mixture and let the tomatoes cook for 2 minutes.
- Now pour in the chicken broth, stir everything, and increase the heat a little until it begins to bubble.
- When the broth bubbles, toss in the cabbage slices, you may have to press them down a little.
- Cover the saucepan and let the soup simmer (not boiling!) for about 20 minutes or until the cabbage has completely softened.
- Remove from heat and take a small taste to gauge the saltiness before adding any additional salt..the smoked sausage is salty! and you may not need to add any.
- Serve with any type of crackers or bread.