Fried ice cream cake. Fried Ice Cream Cake is made with softened ice cream, whipped topping, crushed corn flakes, cinnamon and drizzled with honey and chocolate. My Fried Ice Cream Cake tastes just like your Mexican restaurant treat, but removes the hassle of having to actually fry the ice cream. _⬇⬇⬇⬇. You're not dreaming—Fried Ice Cream Cake from Delish.com is real!
It eliminates the fry and tastes JUST like the original but with a fraction of the work. This recipe is a MUST TRY for any gathering. It will be the hit of the PARTY! You can cook Fried ice cream cake using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried ice cream cake
- It’s 3 C of crushed corn flakes (measure after crushing).
- It’s 3/4 C of sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 (48 oz) of container vanilla ice cream.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of cool whip.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/3 C of honey.
- You need of Chocolate and caramel syrup.
- It’s of Whipped topping.
- You need of Maraschino cherries.
Fried ice cream is a dessert made of a scoop of ice cream that is frozen hard, breaded or coated in a batter, and quickly deep-fried, creating a warm, crispy shell around the still-cold ice cream. There are conflicting stories about the dessert's origin. I love everything about fried ice cream… everything except making it. As Sweet Brown would say, ain't nobody got time for that!
Fried ice cream cake step by step
- Take out the ice cream and leave out to soften for 30 minutes. Melt butter in a large pan and add the crushed cornflakes and sugar. Stir continuously to prevent sugar from burning until lightly golden; remove from pan to cool..
- Press 1/2 of cornflake mixture into the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan..
- In a large bowl, add the ice cream, cool whip and cinnamon and stir until combined. Pour the ice cream mixture over the cornflakes and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the rest of the cornflakes evenly over the top. Drizzle with honey. Freeze for at least 5 hours..
- Cut and serve with the syrups, whipped topping and cherries on top. Yum!.
The only thing that can entice me to go through the trouble and expense of deep frying anything is fried chicken and I haven't made that in eons. When you're ready to serve this Fried Ice Cream Cake Dessert, you'll drizzle a little honey over each piece, top with whipped cream if you wish, and a. Take fried ice cream to the next level and serve it at your next fiesta, cake-style! Make it your own and swap in your favorite ice cream flavor. Pick up the disc of ice cream and roll the edges in the fried topping (as before with the cake, but do not coat the sides of the ice cream with dulce de Keep frozen until time to serve.