Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage. Though kale probably originated in the dry heat of the Mediterranean, it became a fixture in the kitchens of northern Europe. In Scotland, according to the But having spent five winters in Provincetown, Mass., where the Portuguese eat their kale with sausage or fish, I grew to like mine similar to theirs. Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor.
So, be sure to find an Italian turkey or chicken sausage that you like. This sausage and sweet potato soup has such amazing flavor, but couldn't be easier to throw together. I love the bold seasoning of italian sausage paired This sausage and sweet potato soup with kale is filling, yet light. You can have Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage
- Prepare 1 pound of linguiça or uncured Spanish chorizo, cut across into 1/8-inch-thick slices (Contributor’s Note: Nearly any kind of sausage will work, although I wouldn’t use breakfast sausage.).
- You need 1 of large onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 2 of large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 heads of kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups).
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned.
- You need 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need of Freshly ground pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 of plum tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
It doesn't leave you feeling heavy and weighted down like you would after. Caldo verde, a potato and kale soup from northern Portugal, is one of those dishes that seem custom-made for lazy rainy days, when you want something hearty and comforting but don't feel like putting in a ton of effort. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate, covered, until ready to finish soup. Stir to combine, then add water just to cover (if needed).
Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage step by step
- Place the sausage in a large pot over medium-low heat and cook until it begins to render its fat, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the kale and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes longer..
- Stir in the chicken broth, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Season with pepper. Stir in the tomatoes and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls and serve..
This particular Sausage Kale Soup recipe has become a fall staple in our house! Then you get to enjoy the aroma all day long while it cooks, and. THIS Smoked Sausage Kale and Potato Soup is everything! It's cozy, and wintery, and it is so dang good. Can you make this Kale Potato And Sausage Soup (aka Zuppa Toscana) dairy free?