Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas. This Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas recipe is so delicious, and extra-easy when made in the pressure cooker! Perfect for tacos, burritos, salads, and more. Done brilliantly in the Instant Pot and finished to a crisp with the Air Fryer Lid (or your oven), this recipe is beyond easy, is very impressive on the eyes and its rich flavors are sure to be a crowd favorite. #instantpot #pressureluck #carnitas Get My Best-Selling Cookbook Here!: https.
These chicken carnitas are easily cooked in an Instant Pot® for a low-effort meal-prep dish that can be enjoyed throughout the week! Chicken carnitas made in the pressure cooker are quick and easy! We crisp them up in the broiler, and they are perfect to meal-prep and enjoy for the week! You can have Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas
- It’s 1 of (4-5 lb) Pork Shoulder – cut into 2 inch chunks (cut fat off).
- You need 1 tbsp of Avocado Oil or Olive Oil.
- You need 1 batch of Mojo Sauce (see Mojo Sauce Ingredients).
- It’s 1 bundle of Cilantro, diced.
- It’s of Mojo Sauce Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beer or Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 6 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh Orange Juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh Lime Juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Oregano or Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
Carnitas are basically the Mexican version of pulled pork except they're braised in more of a citrus-infused sauce combined with a glorious dry rub. Done brilliantly in the Instant Pot and finished to a crisp with the Air Fryer Lid (or your oven), this recipe is beyond easy, is very impressive on the eyes. The BEST Instant Pot Pork Carnitas are easy to make at home with your electric pressure cooker. A quick pop under the broiler at the end ensures that the carnitas get nice and crispy!
Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas step by step
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Mojo Sauce ingredients. Set aside until ready to use..
- Season pork chunks on all sides with salt and pepper..
- Click the "Sauté" setting on the Instant Pot. Add the oil, followed by half of the pork chunks, sear all sides, turning every 45-60 secs, until the pork is browned. Transfer seared pork onto a separate bowl. Repeat with the remaining pork chunks. Once all chunks have been browned, press "Cancel" to turn off the heat..
- Pour in the Mojo sauce, and toss briefly to combine with the seared pork. Close lid securely and set vent to "Seal"..
- Cook on high pressure or set to pressure cook "Pork" for 30 minutes, followed by a release of 15 minutes..
- Set the oven to Broil on High..
- Remove the lid to the Instant Pot. Take two forks and start shredding the pork..
- Transfer shredded pork with a slotted spoon to a large baking sheet. Spoon about a third of the leftover juices evenly on top of the pork and toss to combine..
- Broil for 4-5 minutes, or until the edges of the pork begin browning and crisping up. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, ladle another spoonful of the juices onto the pork and toss to combine..
- Broil pork for another 4-5 minutes. Remove the pork from the oven. Ladle another spoonful of the remaining juices onto the pork. Toss to combine..
- Sprinkle chopped Cilantro, then serve with tacos, burritos, salads, enchiladas, fajitas and so much more. Enjoy!.
These Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas are by far one of my family's favorite recipes. The seasoning and marinade, plus the Instant Pot cooking method, pack some serious tangy-smoky-citrusy flavor into the meat. After being pressure cooked in the Instant Pot and shredded, you'll pop the meat under the. This Instant Pot Carnitas Recipe makes the BEST pork carnitas! The pork is unbelievably tender and flavorful, with the best combination of juicy bits and crispy edges.