Pumpkin Molasses Cake.
You can cook Pumpkin Molasses Cake using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Molasses Cake
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 2 Sticks of (about 226 g) Salted Butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of White Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 2 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Pumpkin Puree.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Boiling Water.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Molasses.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tsp of Ground Ginger or 2 Tbsp Grated Fresh Ginger.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Ground Allspice.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Ground Fennel Seed.
- You need of Feel free to add extra spice!.
Pumpkin Molasses Cake instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). In medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and fennel seed. In a stand mixer, beat the butter until it becomes light. Then add the white sugar and brown sugar while it is on medium speed. Mix it well..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl with rubber spatula as needed. Then proceed to add pumpkin puree..
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the flour mixture, alternating with the molasses and boiling water. Stir it until it is throughly combined. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan..
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar. You can also serve this cake with whipping cream. Enjoy!😉.