You can cook Pumpkin Cake using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Cake
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 227 g of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 150 g of granulated sugar.
- It’s 50 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 g (1 tsp) of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 g (1 tsp) of ground cinnamon *note on step #3.
- It’s 1 g (1/2 tsp) of ground ginger *note on step #3.
- You need 0.5 g (1/4 tsp) of ground nutmeg *note on step #3.
- It’s 0.5 g (1/4 tsp) of ground cloves *note on step #3.
- Prepare 3 g (1/2 tsp) of table salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 110 g of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 80 g of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 170 g of pure pumpkin puree.
- You need of Cream cheese topping.
- You need 85 g of cream cheese, room temperature.
- It’s 27 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 g (3/4 tsp) of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 5 g (1 tsp) of milk.
Pumpkin Cake instructions
- Cream cheese topping: smoothen the cream cheese until soft with a spatula. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Transfer into a piping bag equipped with a round piping tip (Mine was 0.8 cm in diameter). Set aside for later use..
- Cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, both types of sugar, baking soda, salt, and all of the ground spices until combined. (All of the ground spices can be substituted with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice if available)..
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the rest of the wet ingredients..
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir and mix just until combined. Do not overmix because it will develop gluten and toughen the cake..
- Transfer the batter into an 8" (20 cm) square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spread it evenly using a spatula. Pipe a grid pattern across the top with the cream cheese topping..
- Into a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C, bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan and let cool completely, then serve..