Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed). Although simplicity is key in this recipe, its different ingredients will make it very unique. Some walnuts, oats, whole wheat flour and a touch of cinnamon (and a special spice) will transform your experience with Banana Cake and make you wonder why Banana Bread is even a. No need for a mixer for this recipe!
The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning. Banana Walnut Cake is a ridiculously easy one layer ultra moist banana cake loaded with flavor and topped with a rich cream cheese frosting. It's the perfect way to use up any overripe bananas, and is ridiculously easy. You can have Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed) using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed)
- You need 2 of ripe large bananas.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla liquid.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 100 gr of sultanas.
- You need 100 gr of walnuts (lightly crushed).
- You need 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
- You need of Margarine.
No layers, no assembly, no special equipment. It's also easy to transport and serve. Banana and walnut cake puts a really fruity twist on a classic teatime cake that everyone will love! Bananas and walnuts are a match made in heaven and you won't be able to resist a slice with a cup of tea in the company of good friends.
Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed) instructions
- Firstly coat the baking tray with margarine, put aside..
- Preheat the oven 180°C..
- Prepare 2 bowls, mix flour, salt, and baking powder in one bowl..
- Mix egg, canola oil, sugar, and vanilla liquid in another bowl. Mix them well with fork..
- Pour the egg mixture into flour mixture, mix them well..
- Add milk and Greek yoghurt, mix them well..
- Add sultanas and walnuts, mix them well..
- Mash bananas using a fork, add them into the batter and mix them well..
- Pour the batter into baking tray, spread it well..
- Bake it for 25 mins or until it turns golden..
- Banana and walnut cake is ready to enjoy. This recipe is also can be used for banana muffin..
I have another birthday cake order, and a banana cake was requested. As I'm coating it with chocolate ganache, I didn't want to make the traditional banana cake and wanted to make a lighter cake instead so that the over-all taste will be balanced (not too heavy and sweet). Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. Slice it up and serve with coffee or tea. In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with an electric hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.