Chocolate Pound Cake.
You can have Chocolate Pound Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pound Cake
- It’s 30 ml of milk.
- It’s 4 g of instant coffee.
- Prepare 28 g of chocolate, chopped small.
- It’s 100 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 100 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 100 g of egg (from 2 medium-size eggs), room temperature.
- It’s 80 g of cake flour.
- You need 12 g of natural cocoa powder.
- You need 2 g (1/2 tsp) of baking powder.
- It’s 0.75 g (1/8 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare of icing sugar for dusting (optional).
Chocolate Pound Cake step by step
- Heat milk, instant coffee, and chocolate until fully melted and stir to combine. Set aside to cool..
- Using a hand mixer or simply a hand-whisk, cream the butter for 1 minute until fully-softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy and lightened in color. Frequently scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula for even mix..
- Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Then add them into the butter mixture in 3 additions. Mix just until combined after every addition. If we add all eggs at once, both of these high-fat ingredients might not combine but end up separating..
- Add all of the dry ingredients. Make sure to sieve the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder beforehand as they tend to clump. Mix until 90% combined..
- Add the melted chocolate. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix as it will develop the gluten too much and result in a tough cake..
- Transfer into a loaf pan that has been fully coated with butter. This will help unmold the cake easily..
- Spread up the batter to both ends of the pan. Pipe a line of softened butter along the center lengthwise. These steps are optional, but they will help create an evenly-centered crack..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Run a spatula between the cake and the pan. Unmold the cake immediately after baking to prevent shrinking. Let cool on the cooling rack. With a sifter, garnish the top with icing sugar before slicing (optional)..