Pineapple upside-down cake. The BEST pineapple upside down cake recipe EVER! It has a caramel topping with pineapple rounds over a dense cake with almond flour. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over.
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. You can cook Pineapple upside-down cake using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- You need 4 of tsp,butter,Melted, divided.
- You need 4 tsp. of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of canned unsweetened pineapple slices.
- Prepare 2 of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare Dash of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter.
Pineapple upside-down cake instructions
- Pour 1/2 tsp. Butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice ; set aside..
- In a small bowl,combine flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk,vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple..
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm..
This is one of the most popular Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on this site. My mother has an easier version where you don't need to beat the egg whites separately. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic. Sp oon the batter over the pineapple, gently spreading out in an even layer. By Cakes Ale in Decatur GA.