Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴.
You can cook Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴 using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴
- You need 100 g of Butter.
- You need 100 g of Sugar.
- It’s 100 g of All-purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract (1 Vanilla bean).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 50 g of Sliced Almonds.
- It’s of ✨Meringue Topping✨.
- You need 4 of White Eggs.
- Prepare 175 g of Sugar.
- Prepare of ✨Filling✨.
- Prepare 368 g of Vanilla Pudding (I used Snack pack pudding).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Sugar (optional if you like it sweet).
- It’s 300 ML of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴 step by step
- To make the filling mix together whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Whip the cream until stiff and fold together with the pudding vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator at least 6 hours..
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and light. Add vanilla extract and the egg yolks one at a time. Beating to ensure everything is well incorporated. Add in the sifted flour, baking powder and milk. Fold in until fully combined. Spoon the mixture into a prepared pan and spread it out evenly and set aside for a few minutes..
- Next make the meringue topping. Whisk the egg whites until soft and stiff then add the sugar in very slowly, beating on high speed until it gets stiff peaks form(about 5 minutes). Spread the meringue mixture on top of the cake mixture. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the meringue is dry and has turned golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes in the pan..
- To assemble, cut the cake into two halves. On one half, spread the pastry cream mixture, then carefully put the other half on top. Leave it to set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Yummy!.