Italian tea cake.
You can cook Italian tea cake using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian tea cake
- Prepare 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of table salt.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon zest, finely grated.
- You need 1/2 of Orange zest, finely grated.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- You need 3/4 cup of plus 1 tbsp plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of plus 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Glaze.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
Italian tea cake step by step
- I used golden granulated sugar, but you can also use white granulated sugar. Add salt to it..
- Put finely grated lemon and orange zest and rub them with fingertips in the sugar..
- Whisk vegetable oil, yogurt, mascarpone cheese, then eggs and vanilla extract. Sprinkle baking powder over the batter and mix properly. Sift flour on top and stir it with rubber spatula..
- Spray the pan with cooking oil and sprinkle it with granulated sugar. Remove the excess sugar. Then, pour the batter in..
- Preheat the oven at 375°F and leave it the oven for 40 minutes approx. Check with the toothpick, if it comes out clean yo see if the cake is done..
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and pour the glaze evenly while it is piping hot..
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!!.