Tom Yum Goong.
You can have Tom Yum Goong using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Goong
- It’s 1.5 l of water.
- It’s 4 stalks of lemongrass.
- It’s 1 of in chunk galangal.
- Prepare 10 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 10 of bird's eye chillies.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of chicken.
- It’s 300 g of oyster mushrooms.
- You need 2 of roma tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of white onions (medium sized).
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 8-12 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 8-12 tbsp of lime juice (10 – 15 limes).
- You need Handful of cilantro.
Tom Yum Goong step by step
- Boil water. While waiting, squeeze the limes..
- Take your lemongrass and strip away the outermost layer. Lightly pound them using the pestle then diagonal chop them up into 1in strips..
- Take 1 thumb sized piece of galangal and chop them into slices..
- Tear up the kaffir lime leaves to release the flavour. Peel the 5 cloves of garlic..
- Chop off the heads of the chillies, then lightly pound them..
- Once the water is boiling, throw the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, garlic, and chillies into the pot..
- After about 10 minutes, add in the chicken (original recipe used prawns) to boil and turn the fire to low..
- Then add the oyster mushrooms which you can slice into smaller pieces..
- Take the 2 roma tomatoes and white onions, and chop them into wedges..
- Boil the Tom Yum for 2 – 3 minutes..
- Add about 8 tbsp of fish sauce and 2 tsp of sugar..
- Boil for another minute or two, then turn off the heat. Then add the about 8 tbsp of lime juice..
- Taste test the soup. Feel free to add more lime juice, fish sauce or sugar if necessary..
- Lastly, add in the cilantro. Soup is now ready to be served..