Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup.
You can cook Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of Mild Italian sausage, cut into 1/4" thick half moons.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayanne pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white rice, uncooked.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup instructions
- Add oil to 4-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat. When oil begins to smoke, add sausage and cook until brown. Turn down to medium heat, then add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions turn light brown..
- Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Add broth, tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and add rice. Cover saucepan and cook until rice is plump and tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste..