Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Sausage and Peppers over Penne recipe for a low carb lifestyle. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat.
Sausage with peppers and pasta is a popular Italian-American restaurant favorite. This version is easy to make; spicy Italian sausage and seasoned Italian tomato sauce add lots Romaine lettuce tossed with creamy Italian dressing is nice with this penne dish. Spumoni ice cream is a refreshing dessert. You can have Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne
- You need 1 lb of package of Hot Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of Green bell peppers (Chopped).
- Prepare 2 of White Onion (Chopped).
- You need 12 oz of tomato basil sauce (half a jar).
- Prepare 14 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped hot peppers.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped jalapenos.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 box of penne to serve over.
- It’s of Notes.
- Prepare of I use B&G Hot Chopped Peppers and Cento Diced Jalapeno Peppers.
Sautéed sausage, peppers and onions are mixed with traditional Italian sauce to make a flavorful topper for hot cooked pasta. Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the cheese. Take a trip to penne heaven when you make this Zesty Penne with Sausage and Peppers.
Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne step by step
- Decide how you'll be cooking the sausage. If oven baking you want to prep them now. If you decide to grill them you can do that while the chili simmers..
- In a large pot, start cooking the ground beef over medium heat. When the beef is almost done, drain the fat and add the chopped peppers and onions..
- Add the tomato basil sauce, crushed and diced tomatoes, seasoning and hot peppers and jalapenos. Keep the heat at medium until the mixture begins to boil..
- Cover and put on low heat after boil. Cooking time should be around 45 minutes. Check the sliced peppers for tenderness. If you like your sausage whole or sliced, you can add them now to the pot..
- This recipe can be served over an entire box of penne pasta. But depending on your preference start by cooking half a box..
- Once "chili" is done, serve over cooked penne and enjoy!.