Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos. These Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps are an easy and light weeknight meal. A quick homemade teriyaki sauce makes them way better than takeout! Sometimes, you just want a light, fresh meal that comes together quickly and doesn't require a whole lot of work.
Can we talk about these teriyaki chicken tacos for a sec? They're so easy to throw down and those smells! Let's just say; you won't be serving Teriyaki Chicken over rice any time soon. You can cook Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos
- You need 1 Lb of Ground Chicken.
- You need 1 of Small Onion, minced.
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Head of Boston Lettuce.
- Prepare 8 of Flour or Corn Tortillas.
- You need of Green Onion (for garnish).
- It’s of Teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar (any vinegar will work).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Fresh Ginger, finely minced.
- It’s 4 Tsp of Garlic, finely minced.
- You need 3 Tsp of Sesame oil (or olive oil).
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Cornstarch (or flour).
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of Sriracha Aioli.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce).
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
Making a nutritious dinner each night that the kids will enjoy can be quite challenging. Next time you're tempted to pick up fast food, try these Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps. You just might be surprised at how quick and easy they are to prepare. Here's a nutritious lunch or appetizer that isn't sandwiches.
Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos step by step
- Make the teriyaki sauce. In a medium saucepan heat bring to boil the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil..
- Once it is boiling, bring down the heat to simmer and add the cornstarch and water. Cook until it thickens, stirring often. About 4-5 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds..
- Make the tacos. In a pan over medium heat drizzle a little olive oil and cook the chicken, onion, and the red bell pepper until the chicken is cooked through. About 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for additional 3 – 4 minutes..
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the teriyaki sauce 1/4 cup at a time so you can control the flavor. Keep adding until everything is coated..
- Meanwhile make the sriracha aioli. In a small bowl combine the sour cream and sriracha. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp water at a time and whisk well until it reaches drizzling consistency..
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. Arrange the lettuce on top of the tortillas, then the chicken, and top with green onion and sriracha aioli. Enjoy!.
These chicken lettuce wraps will satisfy your appetite and wake up your palate with scrumptious, sweet and savory Asian flavors. I like to think of this as a healthier lettuce wrap recipe because we've added a. This recipe for chicken teriyaki tacos is like a symphony of flavors: savory and incredibly crispy chicken smothered in a rich teriyaki sauce, topped with a tangy Japanese cucumber salad, scallions, and spicy sriracha sour cream. Chicken and vegetables are flavoured with a zesty combination of ginger, orange and chili flakes and served with teriyaki noodles and lettuce for wrapping. Serve lettuce leaves for wrapping and let your family make their own wraps!