Wonton and Cabbage Stir Fry. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Add the chopped ginger and sliced cabbage, carrots, and white bottoms of the scallions (if the pot seems dry, add a drizzle of olive oil). Wontons, dumplings and potstickers are the irresistible delicacies popular across China and various other parts of Asia.
Hubby cook Chinese beef stir fry with vegetables and followed my dimsims/wonton left over. This fried wonton recipe comes from my Mom. Growing up, we enjoyed going out for Chinese food, and one of our favorite appetizers to order were crispy wontons. You can have Wonton and Cabbage Stir Fry using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wonton and Cabbage Stir Fry
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 handful of sliced wonton (or shu mai).
- You need 1 handful of sliced fish balls.
- You need 1 handful of chopped Chinese cabbage (or any greens).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chicken or mushroom seasoning powder (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sambal sauce (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of chilli flakes (optional, add more if you like it spicier).
- It’s 10-15 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of Sugar and salt (to taste).
- You need of Serving.
- You need of Steamed rice.
- You need of Rice / fish /shrimp crackers.
Make Ahead Tips – Prepare the filling one day in advance and simply assemble the wontons and fry/bake when you're ready to serve. Serve the Fried Wontons with Schezuan sauce to enjoy a rainy evening the Chinese way! The success of this stuffing, and most stir-fried veggies for that matter, depends on Wontons stuffed with cabbage, spring onions and bean sprouts and tempered with garlic, green chillies and spring onions. I saw a similar recipe from the NY Times and thought it needed to be put.
Wonton and Cabbage Stir Fry instructions
- Heat the frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add chopped garlic..
- Add the sliced wonton and fishballs..
- Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, seasoning powder, sambal sauce and chilli flakes. Stir. Add water..
- Turn the fire on high heat, add chopped cabbage. Stir fry for a few seconds. Add sesame oil..
- Turn the heat off. Add a bit of sugar and salt if desired..
- Serve warm with the steamed rice and your favorite crackers..
Cabbage stir-fry is a really tasty vegetarian/vegan dish that's savory, tangy, and very satisfying. Plus,this cabbage stir-fry is CHEAP and quick to prepare. Ramen noodle stir fry with green cabbage and carrots. top with sweet chili sauce! I t was very quick and easy to make. How to Make Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry.