Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie. Slow, indirect heat is a better cooking technique. Arrange the bacon slices on a Beef bacon won't have the same porky flavor that ordinary bacon does. But it does have its own.
Cure and smoke beef navel to create your own beef bacon. Follow this easy recipe and experience How to make (freaking delicious) beef bacon. If you thought regular bacon was delicious. You can have Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie
- It’s 2 of Lbs. Small Potatoes.
- It’s 1 1/4 Lbs of Brussel Sprouts.
- It’s 4 Slices of Bacon.
- Prepare 2 of Small Onions.
- It’s of Assorted Chilis (Optional).
- Prepare 1 of Green Onion.
- Prepare 1.5 Lbs of Ground Beef.
- Prepare Splash of White Cooking Wine.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare of “Complete Sazón” (If not, Garlic and Onion Powder).
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 of Egg (Egg Wash).
- It’s of Crust.
- It’s 2 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 Stick of Butter.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- It’s 3 Tsp. of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Roux.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Flour.
- Prepare 10 Oz. of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1 Stick of Butter.
- It’s 3 2/3 Cups of Milk.
Beef bacon shares a number of characteristics with the more traditional pork bacon but is considerably lower in saturated fat. Both beef and pork bacon are fatty cuts of meat that are salted and smoked. Such individuals readily seek beef bacon. Nicely cooked beef bacon tastes far more delicious and The fat is enough to cook beef bacon without any cooking oil.
Beef Bacon & Brussels Pot Pie step by step
- Add flour baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Cube cold Butter and work into flour with fingertips. In mixer, or old-fashioned way, begin to slowly add milk carefully monitoring the dough until it comes into a ball like formation. Wrap and chill..
- Wash all vegetables and prepare as seen below. You’ll be wanting to slice the brussels sprouts and cube the potatoes..
- Add bacon to pan to render out the fat. Add in onions, garlic and green onions. Cook for a few minutes..
- Add Brussel sprouts and assorted chilies, if you choose. Season generously with black pepper, salt and sazón. Allow them to cook down in the fat for a bit. They will soften and reduce in size. Add in a splash of white wine and cook off the alcohol..
- Season the ground beef with the aforementioned spices. Add it to the party and cook it down. When browned, add in the cubed potatoes. Add about a 1/2 cup of water and simmer, covered, until potatoes are softened. The liquid will thicken. Allow to cool to room temperature..
- Roll out pie dough and place in bottom of pan. Spoon in filling..
- Prepare roux. Melt butter, add flour and stir constantly for roughly 4 to 5 minutes. Then add and cold milk. Continue to stir and add in about 50% of the cheese. You should have a consistency similar to this..
- Pour roux over filling. Ideally, you’ll want to leave more of the bottom dough exposed so that you can get a tight seal with the top crust. I was greedy. I also forgot to add the cheese on top of the roux. Do that. Seal pie and make an air vent. Hit it with the egg wash..
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Because I forgot to put the cheese inside of the pie I had to put it on top. I also struggled to seal it because I was being greedy with the filling. Amazingly… it didn’t matter. Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden..
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting. If you’re going to purposefully make a mistake and put cheese on top… cover it with foil half way through so that it doesn’t burn..
For cow bacon, the beef belly is used. Cabbage Rolls with Ground Beef, Bacon, and CheeseThe Spruce. Beef Bacon is a three step process of selecting a nice brisket, trimming it up and putting it in a brine then smoking it. It's also three of four steps to making Pastrami. Once you've mastered the art of.