You can cook Classic Stuffing using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Stuffing
- It’s 1 lb. of Bread (Stale or Dried, Cut or Torn into Bite Size Pieces).
- You need 2 of Onions (Diced).
- You need 3 of Ribs Celery (1/4 in. Slices or Diced).
- Prepare 1 Cup of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Dried Thyme Leaves.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Dried Rubbed Sage.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Dried Parsley.
- You need 2 Cups of Chicken Broth (Or Broth of Choice).
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced (Optional).
- Prepare of Extra Butter for Top.
Classic Stuffing step by step
- Preheat Oven to 350° F. Pour Diced, Dried Bread into a Large Mixing Bowl. In a Large Skillet, melt Butter over Medium Heat. Add Onion and Celery. Saute until Softened and Translucent. Add Salt, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Parsley, and Garlic if using. Stir and saute for another minute or two..
- Pour Onion Mixture over Bread. Combine thoroughly. Taste for Seasoning. In a Large Measuring Cup, add Chicken Broth and Eggs. Whisk and Pour over Bread. Combine thoroughly..
- Grease a 9 x 13 Casserole Dish with Butter or Oil. Pour Stuffing into the Dish and Spread Evenly in one tight layer. Place a few Chunks of Butter, randomly, on top. Cover with Lid or Aluminum Foil, and Bake for 30 Minutes. Uncover and Bake for another 30 Minutes. Enjoy!.
- If you'd like to use Fresh Herbs instead of Dried, just Triple the Amounts (Except for the Sage)..