Seared skirt steak over spiced lentils. A lentil salad (we used those tiny French green lentils, but you can use the standard supermarket variety as well) is dressed with a Dijon mustard vinaigrette, then topped with skirt steak that's been seared in a cast-iron pan. A simple sauce, made by deglazing the pan with butter, garlic and parsley. But pan-seared steak doesn't really provide much sauce of its own.
Traditionally used as fajita meat, skirt steak is gaining popularity these days as a stand-alone meat. I like to pan-sear this all-in-one cut over really high heat in my cast-iron skillet to create a nice char on the outside of. This flavorful supper may be easy and affordable, but it's a real showstopper when it comes to entertaining. You can have Seared skirt steak over spiced lentils using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seared skirt steak over spiced lentils
- You need 1 can of lentils.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbs of cumin.
- You need 1 of long red chili finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- You need 2 tbs of fresh squeezed lemon.
- It’s Handful of grape tomatoes.
- It’s 1 package of beef skirt steak.
- It’s Handful of baby kale or baby spinach (stems removed).
- It’s of Optional: serve with a bread.
See more of Matt Moore's recipes in A Southern. Both skirt steak and flank steak are lean cuts of beef that are often grilled, pan-seared on the stovetop, or stir-fried. Flank steak comes from the flank primal, the abdominal area right next to the short plate, where the skirt is located. It has a less intense beefy flavor compared to the skirt, and it.
Seared skirt steak over spiced lentils step by step
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add cumin, chilli and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato paste, stock, about 1/2 the lemon juice and lentils. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in tomato. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Stir in tomato. Cook for 2 min. Meanwhile, trim excess fat from beef and discard. Using a meat mallet, pound beef to 5mm thick. Cut into 2 pieces. Rub with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper..
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Slice beef. Add kale to lentil mixture. Stir until just wilted. Top spiced lentils with beef and serve with crusty bread..
Pat the steak dry and season with salt and pepper. Place the oil in a heavy pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and thyme leaves, and let cook until butter turns golden brown. Seared Tuna Steaks with Citrusy Soy Sauce. Chile-Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.