You can cook Beef Stew using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- Prepare 3 of Lbs. Beef.
- It’s 2 of Large Carrots.
- You need 3 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 3 Stalks of Celery.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- It’s 5 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- You need 1 Can of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Red Wine.
- You need of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1.5 Quarts of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Flour.
- You need of Adobo.
- Prepare of Seasoned Salt.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Green Onion.
- Prepare 3-4 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s of Oregano.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
Beef Stew instructions
- Take any mass quantities of fat off of the beef..
- Cube the beef. Make them relatively large chunks as this is going to be a hearty stew. Season well. Add in the flour and mix throughly. Add to an oiled hot pan..
- Brown meat on all sides. Reserve..
- Give the celery and onion a rough chop. Smash and peel the garlic. (You can do this while the meat is browning) Add to the pan once the meat is done browning. Be sure you have a little oil in the pan. Season veggies and stir. Add in tomato paste. Stir constantly. Don’t let anything burn. Add in red wine and a few good shakes of Worcestershire sauce. Cook off the alcohol..
- Once those ingredients are incorporated, add in tomatoes with liquid from can and a pinch of dry oregano. Stir. Return beef with all of its juices into the pot. Add bay leaves..
- Okay, you can relax now. Add in the beef broth. Cover. Stir occasionally on low heat for about 2 hours..
- When it’s getting close to two hours, peel and chop your veggies. I suggest quartering the potatoes and cutting into large chunks. Halving the carrots and also chopping large. Add to pot, stir and continue simmering until tender. Stew will thicken along the way. Continue to stir periodically..
- Top with green onion and serve. Soup and sandwiches always go together, so there’s a suggestion..