Instant Pot Beef Nilaga.
You can have Instant Pot Beef Nilaga using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Beef Nilaga
- You need 1 lb of beef for stew (beef chuck roast, see notes).
- You need 2 cups of onion finely diced (about 1 large onion).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of whole peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of osher salt.
- Prepare 6-7 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 head of cabbage.
- You need 1-2 of large potatoes.
- You need 3 of carrots cut in 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of fish sauce or substitute kosher salt.
Instant Pot Beef Nilaga instructions
- Place the beef stew meat with onion, peppercorns, salt and water in the pressure cooker. Place the cover on the pressure cooker, and pressure cook on high for 30 minutes, until the meat is absolutely tender and falling off the bones. If meat is frozen cook for 70-80 minutes..
- Prepare and cut your vegetables.
- Depressurize the pressure cooker. If necessary, skim any foam from the broth. If you wish, cook the broth in advance and refrigerate. Any solidified fat will be easier to skim..
- Add the vegetables and cook on the simmer function until the potatoes are fork tender. Season to taste with fish sauce or salt. Serve hot over rice..