Beef Barley Stew.
You can have Beef Barley Stew using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Barley Stew
- It’s 1/2 kg of stew beef cubes.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 750 ml of beef stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of barley.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, cubed.
- It’s of To taste, salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine (optional).
Beef Barley Stew step by step
- Heat oil on medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add onions, fry until soft. Add garlic, continue to fry until fragrant.
- Add beef, fry until no longer pink, about five minutes..
- Add beef stock, wine (if using), carrots, barley, marjoram, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until beef is tender and carrots are cooked. Skim off the scum..