Chef Zee's Carne Frita (Dominican fried beef).
You can have Chef Zee's Carne Frita (Dominican fried beef) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chef Zee's Carne Frita (Dominican fried beef)
- Prepare 2.5 pounds of beef chunked or buy beef stew packs.
- It’s 1 tbs of oregano.
- It’s 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves mashed.
- You need 1-2 of limes.
- It’s of to taste Black pepper.
- It’s 2 c of water.
- It’s of Olive oil for quick fry.
- You need of Canola or vegetable oil for deep frying.
Chef Zee's Carne Frita (Dominican fried beef) instructions
- Add beef, garlic, black pepper, oregano, and limes. Mix to combine. Let marinade overnight or atleast 2hrs..
- On a medium-high setting add olive oil to a Dutch oven or rice pot. Add beef, stirring occasionally (beef will release juices). After 5-10 min (once browned on all sides) add water (I pour water into marinade bowl)..
- Boil/simmer until water is dried up & meat is tender (20-45min). In a separate pan heat up oil until it is bubbling when you splash water to it (350 degrees). Carefully add beef & fry about 15seconds on each side. Remove and let paper towel absorb excess oil. Before serving squirt a little lime juice from a lime over. Best dipped in ketchup..