Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans.
You can have Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans
- It’s 2 lbs of pinto beans.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of box of beef broth.
- You need 2 (12 oz) of Shiner Bock beers.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of jalapeños, halved and seeded.
- It’s 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 tbs of pinto bean seasoning.
- Prepare 6-8 of stems of cilantro.
- You need of Ham hock or sliced bacon (2-4 thick slices, quartered).
Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans instructions
- Soak the beans overnight in large container with enough water to cover by 2". Remove bad beans, stems, debris and rinse well before using..
- Place soaked beans in a slow cooker. Add beef broth and both beers to cover beans completely. Add additional broth, beer or water if needed to cover beans by 1-2" of liquid. Be prepared to add liquid during cooking if needed..
- Add diced tomatoes, diced onion, sliced jalapeños, pinto bean seasoning, ham hock or bacon and cilantro. Stir to combine..
- Cook in crock pot on low heat for 6-8 hours. Add liquid as needed to keep liquid level with beans (or slightly below if you prefer thicker bean sauce). Don't allow liquid to cook down completely..
- These flavors continue to come together even more when stored in thy refrigerator and reheated the next day. I've had people say they're even better then. Enjoy!.