Air Fryer Crispy Pork Belly / Lechon Kawali.
You can cook Air Fryer Crispy Pork Belly / Lechon Kawali using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Air Fryer Crispy Pork Belly / Lechon Kawali
- You need 600 gr of pork belly.
- Prepare of Brine.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 4 Tbsp of salt.
- You need of Add 1 cup water with 1 Tbsp salt more until submerged.
- Prepare of Boil.
- You need Handful of peppercorns.
- You need Dash of patis (or use salt).
- You need Dash of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Water until submerged.
- You need of Prep before AFing.
- It’s of as needed, fine salt for meat.
- It’s of as needed, Rock salt for skin.
- It’s of as needed, pepper.
Air Fryer Crispy Pork Belly / Lechon Kawali step by step
- Brine the pork for 2 hours or more..
- Discard brine water. Boil in a pot with peppercorns, salt, patis, a bit or soy sauce and bay leaves for 1 hour..
- Discard boiled water. Leave the pork to dry overnight in the fridge, uncovered or a few hours on the counter if you're in a hurry. Make sure it is completely dry before AFing. Pat dry if moist..
- If from the fridge, prick the skin of pork with a fork. Leave a few minutes to get to room temperature. Pat dry if moist..
- Salt the sides and around. Then on the skin top with rock salt to make it pop in the AF. (Equals crunchy skin) Pre-heat the AF for 5 minutes..
- Cook pork belly at 170-175•C for 20 minutes. You can move it around or flip half way of the 20..
- Adjust setting to 200•C and cook for 10-15 minutes or as needed, with the skin side near the heating element. You can stop and check by tapping lightly on the skin with a knife to check crispness. Continue if some areas are still soft..
- When done, remove and rest on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before cutting..
- Cut into bricks and serve with a lemon-soysauce-chili dip or sarsa (drippings) gravy. Enjoy with hot rice or a veggie siding. Plate below is already missing a couple slices LOL….