Couscous with Veggies & Chicken.
You can have Couscous with Veggies & Chicken using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Couscous with Veggies & Chicken
- It’s of For the couscous.
- Prepare 500 g of semolina couscous.
- It’s 4 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 3 cups of boiling water.
- It’s of For the soup.
- It’s 5 tbs of Canola / vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, cut in 4.
- You need 2 of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s 2 tbs of chicken consommé powder (or 2 cubes).
- You need 3 of celery sticks, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of green cabbage.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of zucchini.
- It’s 1/2 of butternut squash.
- It’s 1/2 of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen chickpeas.
- You need 1 of tap turmeric.
- It’s 1 of tap paprika.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
Couscous with Veggies & Chicken instructions
- Pour the couscous into a wide bowl and prepare by: 1. Adding salt, turmeric and olive oil and mix 2. Adding 3 cups boiling water, stirring carefully and wrapping with cling film 3. Wait 2-3 minutes then uncovering the bowl and stiring the couscous with a fork to get a sandy texture.
- Cut onion to 4 and stir fry in canola oil.
- Add chicken drumsticks and fry.
- Chop celery and add.
- Cover 3/4 of the pot with boiling water, close the lead and cook while cutting the vegetables.
- Cut all veggies to big pieces and add to the soup.
- Add chickpeas.
- Cook (pot covered) on medium flame for 1+ hr.
- Taste and add liquids and/or spices if needed.
- Serve on a plate when the couscous is the base and the chicken, veggies and soup are on top.