Mexican inspired seasoned rice.
You can cook Mexican inspired seasoned rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican inspired seasoned rice
- Prepare 2 cups of rice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced white onion.
- Prepare 3 of gloves garlic, chopped.
- You need 4 cups of broth, water (chicken).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 2 of fresh seranno or jalapeno peppers, whole.
Mexican inspired seasoned rice instructions
- Saute rice in oil til lightly browned.
- Add onion and garlic, stir 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 min.
- Cover and simmer 15 min.
- Turn off and rest 10 min more. Fluff rice and serve..