KBL – Ilongo Soup.
You can have KBL – Ilongo Soup using 6 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of KBL – Ilongo Soup
- You need 3 kg of pork leg.
- It’s 3 cup of pigeon peas or black beans, if using the dried one soak it.
- It’s 4 cup of cubed young jackfruit 2 bunch of spinach, water spinach o.
- You need 10 pieces of batuan or 16 pcs tamarind fruit 4 stalks lemongrass,.
- It’s 4 litres of water 2 onion, chopped.
- Prepare of fish sauce or sea salt finger chillies.
KBL – Ilongo Soup step by step
- Grill pork leg on a charcoal barbecue to lightly char the meat on all sides, this is needed for that smoky flavour. In a pot add water, pork leg, batuan, lemon grass and onions, bring it to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes. Add the pigeon peas or black beans then simmer for 30 minutes. Add jackfruit simmer for 30 more minutes. Add spinach and finger chillies, simmer for 5 more minutes. Season with fish sauce or salt and freshly ground black pepper.