Swedish Meatballs and Gravy.
You can cook Swedish Meatballs and Gravy using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Swedish Meatballs and Gravy
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of ground pork.
- You need 50 g of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 5 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of to taste, salt and pepper.
- You need of Gravy.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
Swedish Meatballs and Gravy instructions
- Mix the ground pork and beef thoroughly. Add bread crumbs, egg, and milk and season with salt and pepper..
- Form ground meat into balls about the size of golf balls. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat until hot but not smoking. Gently add meatballs and brown on all sides, about five minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and let meatballs cook until internal temperature reaches 70°C (160°F), about another five to seven minutes. Set aside..
- In the same pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add flour and mix well until mixture is slightly browned..
- Add beef broth, cream, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then lower heat to low, continuing to stir, until gravy thickens, about five minutes..