Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片. – While waiting, let's prepare the pickled mustard green (Suan Cai /酸菜), it is a type of pickled cabbage, really crunchy and delicious. Then toss in some ginger and garlic. Along with the pickled face heaven chilies and the pickled mustard greens.
I am highly confident that you will love it. This is a really easy dish. Chinese pickled mustard green is quite similar to Vietnam dưa chua is a featured ingredients in many Chinese cuisine especially in Shangdong and Sichuan cuisine. You can have Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片 using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片
- You need 6 oz of snapper fillet, salt marinated for at least 30mins.
- It’s 1/3 cup of pickled mustard.
- Prepare 2 of dry chilies.
- Prepare 20 of Szechuan pepper corns.
- You need 1/2 package of silk tofu.
- Prepare 2 slices of ginger.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of starch for coating fish.
- You need 6 of Basil leaves or 1 green onion for garnish.
Pickled Mustard Green is a really important ingredients for many yummy Chinese dishes and it is very popular in Chinese cuisine. Pickled mustard greens are also known as si chuan pao cai (四川泡菜), or suan cai (酸菜). The Unlike northern style pickled napa cabbage, which is similar to German sauerkraut, the Sichuan pickled mustard greens consist of the entire head of the vegetable and have a slightly sweet flavor. Taiwanese Pickled Mustard Greens is a traditional pickled cabbage.
Snapper in pickled mustard broth酸菜鱼片 step by step
- Marinate snapper in salt for at least 30 minutes. Ideally 3 hrs to overnight. Rinse off the fish and pad dry before slice into bite size and dust generous starch all over. Shake off excessive starch and set them aside..
- Heat up 1.5 Tsp olive oil and fry Szechuan peppercorns and chilies until aromatic. If you can handle its strong taste, then leave them in. Others remove all Szechuan pepper..
- Add pickled mustard and sauté until aromatic. Pour in chicken stock or just water. Cut in silk tofu at this time. Bring the pot to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Gently add fish into the soup. Cook for a few more seconds until they are done. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce if necessary. Garnish with herbs. Serve with rice..
In North China, suān cài is traditionally made with Napa Cabbage, whereas in South China, Chinese Mustard is used, and it in Taiwanese cuisine, the suān cài is made with mustard green. Noodle in spicy broth with fine shredded pork. Pickle-Chilli Fish Fillet 泡椒鱼片. with garlic scallions sauce. Beef slices, pickle mustard greens, wood ear mushroom, enoki mushroom, scallions, bean thread vermicelli, served with rice on side, Spicy. The broth is made with (I think) chicken stock, and has a nicely sour flavour.