Beef Au Gratin Casserole.
You can cook Beef Au Gratin Casserole using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Au Gratin Casserole
- It’s of Olive Oil Spray.
- It’s 1.5 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1.5 lbs of petite red potatoes (sliced thin).
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Cheese Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 3 cups of chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup).
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 lb of block Colby jack cheese (cubed).
Beef Au Gratin Casserole instructions
- Spray 13×9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes..
- Dice onions..
- Cube cheese block..
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat..
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside..
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes)..
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well..
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes).
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low..
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated..
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef..
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers..
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar..
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving..