You can have Forsyth Goulash using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Forsyth Goulash
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped shallots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped yellow bell peppers.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, diced (keep or remove seeds based on heat tolerance).
- You need 1-2 of whole mushrooms (1/4cup) diced.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 5 oz of Spinach (1/4-1/2 cup spinach roughly).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canned corn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canned diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of elbow macaroni.
- It’s of Salt and pepper, to taste.
- You need of Fresh grated cheddar cheese, to garnish.
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped.
Forsyth Goulash instructions
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil 30 seconds. Add onions, bell peppers, jalapeño, and diced mushroom and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes until tender..
- Add garlic and ground beef, breaking up the ground beef as it cooks. Cook, stirring occasionally until meat is no longer pink and is starting to brown, 5 minutes..
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the pasta, cover, and simmer over low heat until pasta is tender, 15 minutes. Be sure to stir the pasta occasionally so that the noodles don't stick together. Season with salt and pepper and stir in well..
- Transfer to a bowl, top with grated cheese and cilantro and enjoy hot..