Chicken cordon bleu. A delicious French classic, chicken cordon bleu is made of chicken breasts stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. You'd swear it's fried – but it's baked.
A cordon bleu or schnitzel cordon bleu is a dish of meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), then breaded and pan-fried or deep-fried. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. It's creamy and tangy and like a next-level gravy. You can have Chicken cordon bleu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken cordon bleu
- Prepare 1 of deli roasted chicken rotisserie.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 C of milk.
- You need 2 t of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 t of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 t of pepper.
- You need 1/2 lb of deli sliced ham.
- Prepare 1 C of shredded Swiss cheese.
- You need 5 oz of croutons partially crushed.
You start by making a basic gravy and then add Dijon mustard and Parmesan to take it into a. This lightened version of Chicken Cordon Bleu remains tres délicieuse despite a modest amount of butter. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere.
Chicken cordon bleu step by step
- Shred chicken and add to a large bowl along with cream of chicken soup, milk, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until blended then pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray..
- Roughly chop ham and layer on top of chicken mixture then top with shredded swiss cheese..
- Top casserole with partially crushed croutons..
- Cover with foil..
- Loosely cover and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salad and dinner rolls..
Well, our easy chicken Cordon Bleu is the best of both worlds: sounds fancy but really? It's just some really, really good fried chicken. Chicken cordon bleu is one of those meal-in-one dishes, which appeals to my family's tastes in different ways. It has the crispy exterior from the breadcrumb mixture that the kids enjoy. Chicken Cordon Bleu is a dish composed of chicken breasts, ham, and Swiss cheese.